Our Outreach

We operate two residential group homes in the Orlando, Florida area—St. Francis House and St. Damian House. Together, the two homes can accommodate up to 11 men.  Our clients are referred to us through a social service agency that verifies these individuals have no means of support and no other place to live.  Residents are required to meet weekly with a social worker.


Each house is run by a residential director. One is overseen by Monk James Langston, executive director and abbot of the Christian Orthodox Community of Ss Cosmas and Damian. The other house is run by Director Frank Mottolo,

St. Francis House
Resident Bedroom
Dining Room

who has dedicated more than 25

years to the outreach.  


Both the monks in St. Damian House and the director in St. Francis House hold to their belief that questions of faith are personal and prefer to reveal God's love to their residents by serving them and meeting them at their point of need. It offers small, family-like atmospheres for residents who too often have been abandoned by friends and family, and is a much-needed stepping stone up before the men can get a place of their own.


St. Francis House of Hospitality, which includes both St. Francis House and St. Damian House, is currently funded through the City of Orlando at 80 percent of the budgeted annual expenditures. The remaining 20 percent comes from the generous donations we receive. We have no paid staff. Both the resident executive director and the lay director serve without salary, as do the Board of Directors and volunteers from the community.


St. Francis House of Hospitality is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation. 

Our mission is to provide a safe, clean, and comfortable home for homeless men in an active demonstration of Jesus Christ’s love.